Monday, July 22, 2013

Braised Cabbage With Beef and Mashed Potato

I
Braised Cabbage takes me back to my childhood, one of my favorite dishes.  After I got married almost 4 years ago, I have never made this dish, and I wonder why? For some reason it seemed too complicated... not until I found this recipe with perfect instructions with images just what I needed.
Here is what we had for dinner - Braised Cabbage with Beef and Mashed Potato!!!


Ingredients

2 Cabbage heads
2 lb of chuck roast beef, or top sirloin beef
2-3 Tbsp of McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 large onion, diced
2 large carrots, grated
1 cup of sauerkraut, well drained
¾ of a 6oz can of tomato paste
1½ Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp heavy cream
½ cup water
2 tsp of salt
½ tsp of pepper
2 bay leaves
6 Tbsp of olive oil

 Follow this link for step by step instructions with pictures --------->

http://natashaskitchen.com/2012/05/28/braised-cabbage-with-beef/

 
Enjoy!!!

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment