Ingredients1 large chicken breast, cubed
1 cup white rice, rinsed and drained
1 large carrot, grated
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups water
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 cloves of garlic smashed with the side of the knife
2 tbs olive oil
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, saute them until golden and cooked through.
- Add onion to the pot with chicken and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add grated carrots to the pot and saute 2 more minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Once the butter melts, add 1 cup of rinsed rice to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and let it cook over medium/low heat, until water evaporates.
- After all of the water evaporates, remove the plov into baking dish, add smashed garlic then place foil on top and bake it in the oven at 350' for 10-15 min (or until rice is cooked through)
Hope you'll like it too!